Faculty & Administration
“Where there is no guidance, a people falls.” Proverbs 11:14a
The Oaks is organized as a 501c3 non-profit corporation overseen by a Board of Directors. Our entire organization is governed by our Core Values as we set about our Mission to create our desired Vision or future outcome.
Our Core Values are made up of our Statement of Faith and our Educational Philosophy below.
Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which The Oaks is based. They are also the key elements of Christianity that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is considered primary doctrine at The Oaks. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority.
1. We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
5. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
6. We believe that faith without works is dead.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
1. We believe that the bible clearly instructs parents, not the Church or the State, to “bring children up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” Therefore we seek to teach and discipline in a manner consistent with the Bible and a godly home environment. (“In Loco Parentis”)
2. We believe God’s character is revealed not only in His Word but also in every facet of creation. Therefore we teach that all knowledge is interrelated and can instruct us about God Himself.
3. God wants us to love Him with our minds, as well as with our hearts, souls, and strength (Mark 12:30). Therefore we seek to individually challenge children at all levels and teach them how to learn, versus teaching them to learn by unthinking repetition.
4. We want to help parents teach their children that all they do should be done “heartily, as unto the Lord.” Therefore we seek to encourage quality academic work and maintain high standards of conduct. This includes biblical discipline principles.
5. We are a full K-12 program because we believe that as long as a child is under the parents’ authority and undergoing formal education he should be trained biblically (Deut. 6:6-7; Prov. 22:6)
View our Mission Statement
View our Vision Statement